Insurances for Dutch expats
moving abroad

Care-free living, working or travelling abroad with the right expat insurances.


Working and living abroad for a while is a unique experience and is often interesting for your career. Even if you go abroad for a different reason than work and a longer period of time, for example; to go backpacking, become an au pair, do voluntary work, study or do an internship. Your insurances abroad should be arranged just as well as in your home country. We are happy to advise you in your new adventure abroad! 

What insurances do you need abroad? 


You determine yourself which insurance you want to include in your package. This way, you only insure the things you really need. Mostly, you need to make a selection from the following options: 


  • Medical expenses
  • Dental costs
  • SOS-assistance 
  • Private liability
  • Travel baggage and cancellation fees
  • Legal counsel
  • Incapacity for work
  • Accidents

Calculate your insurance premium


Interested in what your insurance premium abroad will be? Calculate your premium using the tool below. Are you a student? Then choose the option ‘Expat package for students’.

How can we help you? 


At Independent Expat Finance we can advise you in the right insurance package when moving abroad. We are an independent company and thus are able to give you unbiased information. Get in touch by filling in the contact form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible! 


Looking for independent expat insurances advice or more information about mortgages in the Netherlands? Check out our financial services!

    Call me backSend me an e-mail

    We can advise you in

    following financial products


    On a mission to buy a house in the Netherlands? Let us help you get
    the keys to your new home!


    Reduce financial risks and get the support that you need. Getting the right insurance now may save you a lot of money in the future.